Could it be a problem with my male?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godofgods

im not relay sure about this. I also dont have a pic or anything i can use to show. But my male might have an issue.

It looks like something is hanging a bit low towards his back side. Behind the penis closer to the tail. Its pink. It looks like hes a millameter away from dragging it on the floor at times. I had a short look at it today when he woke up to go to the bathroom, it seemed like it was only on the left side.

He is petrified of being being picked up. He will freak out if he even thinks you might attempt it. So i usaly try not to. Since i dont no about his past i fear their might be a bad history of that with him. So i havnt tried to pick him up to look.

Does anyone have an idea of what it might be? I no its not much to go on..

Sounds like a testicle to me. They have the ability to pull them up into their abdomen or let them hang outside the body.

Agreed with above, depending on the size of the male they can distend one or two up to 1/2", some of my more active males drag them on the shelving and they get a yellow callus/buildup on them. :'/

That was my first though to, but i wasnt sure at all. Placment seemed like it, but it looked odd when it was only one hanging.

Agreed with above, depending on the size of the male they can distend one or two up to 1/2", some of my more active males drag them on the shelving and they get a yellow callus/buildup on them. :'/

That was one thing i was worried about. What do you do if soemthing like that happens? Also is their any danger from particals sticking to them while their hanging? Such as litter dust (aspen)

What do you do if soemthing like that happens? Also is their any danger from particals sticking to them while their hanging?

You mean the buildup/callus? Nothing. It's just ugly and means the chin has <ahem> large endowments and a tendency to rub them on things. Here's a few pictures of a male that was the worst of the ones I have had for calluses.

Oh, man, you know how I love me some LPCBs
lol!

My two boys sometimes have one lower than the other I think its normal

my Rhino is very 'ballsy', lol. both are always extended down and quite visible. Guss's are always tucked up and i never see them.

my Rhino is very 'ballsy', lol. both are always extended down and quite visible. Guss's are always tucked up and i never see them.

lol. Thats why i was worried actuly. Iv had Chico for like 5 years or so, hes had three kids, and i dont ever relay recall seeing this before. So i was concerned. Glad its nothing relay bad!

Well endowed may be all it is, but I would want a closer look to make he is not prolapsing.

Back