cotton shirts as temporary liner?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as they don't chew it it should be fine.I can't imagine it to be very absorbent though. If it's only temporary I think it's okay.

Someone explained to me why fleece is chin safe: because it doesn't fray, but tears off in chunks instead. Cotton will fray, and the long threads can cause abdominal issues. How temporary is temporary? A few minutes? A few days? I probably wouldn't risk it, but Mochi's an eater.

No, don't use cotton, not worth the risk. Buy some fleece and fold it up. It doesn't matter if it's sewn into a liner or not.

sorry for the late reply, i ended up removing the shirts minutes after posting this because i was way to nervous about it anyway i decided to stick with the bedding i have been using since the i got him and he is happy. thanks anyway :)

No, don't use cotton, not worth the risk. Buy some fleece and fold it up. It doesn't matter if it's sewn into a liner or not.

Yup! I've done this more that once. It's a quick fix if you are in a pinch.

Back