Confused about bathing dust

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure about that dust, but I use ChillDust, it's a pure and natural bathing dust. The website to order it is here: http://chilldust.com/
I'm not sure how much shipping would be to the UK though. Some people use Oxbow POOF! Since blue cloud dust isn't available anymore, most dusts other than ChillDust use blue beauty. The issue with Oxbow is that some claim that the sparkles in it aren't good for chins, same with any other blue beauty dust. So that's why I went with ChillDust.

That looks really grainy, like dust bath when it's time to change it. It's probably technically safe (assuming it's pumice), but wont do much good for actually cleaning the chin since it will unlikely get through the fur and could damage the fur.

That definitely looks more sand like. The stuff I use is from Walmart and it's super fine and Grey. It does a really good job at cleaning them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191231-052116.png
    Screenshot_20191231-052116.png
    203.7 KB · Views: 1
Hi there,
I would give it a try, doubt that anything bad will happen from using the package you have already bought.
For next round, I use Poof Poof by Oxbow. I settled on this after I tried several brands of dust, some of which the chinchillas just refused to use... They love this brand, start rolling on the fleece when they see it :)
Happy New Year!

Back