Concerned about urine colour!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophiaxfrizzx

Hello. I'm really concerned about my chin Walt. The past week I've noticed his appetite is a little off which isn't unusual for him. He can go through phases of not eating much. He's in good form and just there he enjoyed some play time running and jumping around.
I noticed one spot in his cage that looked strange. His urine is very orange in colour. I have never noticed this colour so I am worried. Of course I googled it and that didn't help me at all with some of the things I read. Does anyone know why his urine is now orange? I have attached a picture of his urine 20210205_180615.jpg

That is well within normal color for chin pee, their normal pee color can range from yellow to a reddish orange. What they ate, and how hydrated they are can all effect their pee color. Here is a good explination of why the pee is various colors Chinchilla, rabbit, guinea pig urine discoloration-red, orange, white
Thank you for your response. I was so worried last night. I read about bladder stones on Google and it really stressed me out. I've just never seen his urine that colour before. His appetite is low too which had me concerned but he's in good form otherwise. I'll keep an eye on his appetite.

Back