Cleaning Fleece

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahrii

I love my fleece liners, but the only con is that it's a pain to get the aspen shavings off if my chins scattered them out of the litter pan. I only have a brush and dust pan set at the moment, so that doesn't help much. I would take the liner off and shake the shavings off, but it's a hassle because I have unscented potty training pads inside the liner for extra absorbency (the liner is a pillowcase style), so shaking the liner would mess the pads all up. I have a shop vacuum as well, but it's very bulky and VERY loud compared to the average household shop vac. I have to use ear plugs while using it, so I can't imagine how loud it must be for chins. Does anyone have any tricks for getting shavings off fleece without having to shake the liner? If there's no other way, I'm sure I'll get used to shaking the liner out daily, it's just not the most convenient thing.

I've been reading online lately a lot of people have small hand held vacs for daily clean up. You don't need the anything big to vacuum up the daily poops and shavings, especially if you sweep the liners off first. I don't have one myself yet so I don't have any suggestions, but it sounds like a good idea.

Back