Ciprofloxacin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ticklechin

Since this is basically the human equivalent of baytril, I can say I feel dang sorry for the chins I have used this on, it has to be the worst antibiotic ever for side effects-I am taking it for a kidney infection and the side effects will make anything go off feed and go off being alive frankly, its bad. I have all these side effects these people are talking about on this website, scroll down to the comments and you wonder why chinchillas do so poor on this class of antibiotics, they more than likely have the same thing and it lingers, just like humans. So I truely feel its not because it tastes bad, its not because it kills off the bacteria in their guts, its because it makes them feel like they are going to die.

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2000/04/01/ciprofloxacin/

I have taken a lot of Cipro in the past. I was born with my ureters too short and get frequent UTI's due to reflux. I have taken so many antibiotics in my life, that this was a last resort drug. It actually worked really well to clear out the UTI's, but it also usually wiped out the rest of the bacteria in my guts too. I was always sick for a week or so after taking it. I have dramatically changed my lifestyle over the last 5 or so years and haven't had an actual UTI in that long thankfully. I never realized that Cipro was basically the same as Baytril. I feel bad for the chins that have to suffer through that :/

Since this is basically the human equivalent of baytril, I can say I feel dang sorry for the chins I have used this on, it has to be the worst antibiotic ever for side effects-I am taking it for a kidney infection and the side effects will make anything go off feed and go off being alive frankly, its bad. I have all these side effects these people are talking about on this website, scroll down to the comments and you wonder why chinchillas do so poor on this class of antibiotics, they more than likely have the same thing and it lingers, just like humans. So I truely feel its not because it tastes bad, its not because it kills off the bacteria in their guts, its because it makes them feel like they are going to die.

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2000/04/01/ciprofloxacin/

Wow... no wonder my poor little CJ took so long to recover after the URI and Baytril. :(

It must suck going through this Dawn, hope you feel better soon.

I also took Cipro for a bad kidney infection and had to keep on it until i got into surgery! TELLL ME ABOUT THE SIDE EFFECTS! LOL i used to yack my brains out almost everytime i took it, and could barely ever sleep. I also lost a lot of weight after the months of meds. Try talking to your doc about macrobid! I switched to that when i really couldnt take cipro anymore!

Cipro is the only antibiotic I am not allergic to actually!
My chin was on it recently and she did well on it.

Back