Church thoughts

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its an amazing feelimg, isnt it! What type of church did you usually go to? Catholic? Baptist? Methodist? Or some other denomination?

I think my problem is I have a hard time with most organized religion, I believe what I believe because that is what makes sense to me, not because someone told me to, if you know what I mean?

I think my problem is I have a hard time with most organized religion, I believe what I believe because that is what makes sense to me, not because someone told me to, if you know what I mean?
Yes, I think so. Cam you tell me your opinion then?

its an amazing feelimg, isnt it! What type of church did you usually go to? Catholic? Baptist? Methodist? Or some other denomination?
I went to a variety of christian churches. Episcopalian, baptist, lutheran, and probably some others, lol.

I get it! I even have a different opinion on things of that subject then some of my friends at church! Lets just say, what about Jesus? Do you believe he died and rose again on the third day or is still dead? Do you believe God created the earth or evolution? Just stuff like that.😊

Yes, I think so. Cam you tell me your opinion then?
Well, for example, the biggest thing is the bible, different churches can read the same exact passage and get two completely different meanings. Which is one reason I don't think it should be taken literally, I think it's a guide not a word for work instruction manual.

I get it! I even have a different opinion on things of that subject then some of my friends at church! Lets just say, what about Jesus? Do you believe he died and rose again on the third day or is still dead? Do you believe God created the earth or evolution? Just stuff like that.😊
Ok that is a bit complicated, but basically yes and I don't see creation and evolution as being two separate things. The length of "a day" is not a defined amount of time, because time isn't real it's a man made concept.

If we are talking a 24 hour earth day then creation makes no sense, however for example on another planet a day can be anywhere from hours to billions earth years, meaning evolution and creation can easily both be true.

Well, for example, the biggest thing is the bible, different churches can read the same exact passage and get two completely different meanings. Which is one reason I don't think it should be taken literally, I think it's a guide not a word for work instruction manual.
I think many types of churches misinterpret the Bible. I personally believe it is a guide, but its also the word of God. I mean, everyone has different views and opinions on the Bible. I believe all of the bible is true. God did tell them what to write after all!😊

Ok that is a bit complicated, but basically yes and I don't see creation and evolution as being two separate things. The length of "a day" is not a defined amount of time, because time isn't real it's a man made concept.
Well, God technically did name it day and night when he created it but it was different brim our day and night we think so I get what you mean. I don't believe, however, that we started out as monkeys! Lol.😂😂😂

If we are talking a 24 hour earth day then creation makes no sense, however for example on another planet a day can be anywhere from hours to billions earth years, meaning evolution and creation can easily both be true.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but I mean, look around and you can see that all the detailed systems in our body, the weather, plants and even chinchillas and other animals! They couldn't have just suddenly been there. And think about this, how did the sun get there? Or the moon? How did earth get placed in just the right position to orbit the sun where its not too hot or cold? I mean, someone had to have created this!😃

Last edited:
I think many types of churches misinterpret the Bible. I personally believe it is a guide, but its also the word of God. I mean, everyone has different views and opinions on the Bible. I believe all of the bible is true. God did tell them what to write after all!😊
Well one other problem is most was written hundreds of years after it happened, as well as the bible is much much shorted then it was originally written, for example there use to be a book for each apostles, as well as the book of Marry, men got together and decided to pick and choose which books would stay in the bible. Things like reincarnation for example were removed since it didn't fit with the narrative that they wanted.

W
Well one other problem is most was written hundreds of years after it happened, as well as the bible is much much shorted then it was originally written, for example there use to be a book for each apostles, as well as the book of Marry, men got together and decided to pick and choose which books would stay in the bible. Things like reincarnation for example were removed since it didn't fit with the narrative that they wanted.
Well, that is true. But I think they had too many as well and I personally don't believe in reincarnation. I believe if you are saved, you go to heaven when you die. Just my opinion though.

So do you believe in heaven? In revelation? Could you give me your testimony?
Hm, well my thoughts on heaven really depend on what you mean by heaven, I believe it's a high plan of existence not necessarily a physical place with "golden gates and harp playing angels" like you see on tv, I don't think it's a physical location, it's where your "soul" goes after you die, I also think a soul is a soul regardless of what animal you are, be it human or... say a chinchilla. I do also believe in reincarnation, though I think it's likely a choice. As for revelations... I don't know, that book is entertaining to read, but leaves a lot open to interpretation.

Back