Chin's Stomach Gurgles On Occasion

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnhappyRefrain

I have a male chin less then a year old whose tummy makes a loud gurgling sound every so often. It doesn't happen a lot, but I can certainly hear it when it happens and I'm close by. He's eating, drinking, and behaving normally. His feces look like how they always look. I know the gurgling can be a sign of bloat, but he seems totally fine. Could this just be a quirk of his?

If he isn't showing any other signs of an issue and it doesn't happen all the time I wouldn't worry too much, maybe he is just hungry? If he is under a year he needs to eat more then an adult since he is still growing. Not all chins need to have their pellet food rationed either (in case you are), most don't overeat, and hay should be available 24/7.

Do you think it could just be digestion noises?
If no other signs of an issue that would be my guess, but then again I can't hear it myself. If you think it could be gas you could try giving him some unflavored infant gas drops when you hear it, they just break up any gas bubbles and excess is peed out, so it shouldn't hurt even if there is no gas.

I think he just has an exceptionally loud tummy, but just to be safe I'll try to find those drops at the store today. I can't thank you enough for always coming to my rescue. It's nice to know that there is somebody with a level head that I can speak to when I'm overreacting.

Back