Chins like... shoes?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverTheChin

Hey everyone!

River has a new quirk lately: shoes. And socks. He can't get enough of them. He'll chase a person around during freerun nibbling on their shoes, and attempting to get a free ride by hopping on. My father finds particuraly annoying; we talk while Riv gets his free time River has something special about dad's shoes. He doesn't really mind, mind you.

We all accept it as one of our animal's many little quirks, but it gets a little out of hand when you take off your shoe and sock: He'll attempt to eat your foot. I figure he's just trying to make sure that a shoe isn't there, or maybe people's feet are like weird shoes? I don't know what runs through his mind, but I just thought I might share it!

chins will chew on anything. My shirt, hair, fingernails, glasses. Shoes is no big surprise to me. The only reason mine never did, was because i never wore shoes when they were out. They are fast and nimble. I always felt wearing them was just and extra risk of hurting them. Its easier for me to stop the pressure of a step, should a chin suddenly dart under me, if I'm not wearing any. But I'm not surprised at all that they would chew on them.

hahahaha yeah my old chin Poppy had a thing about feet. She'd perch on them, nibble them, and sometimes do a weird little dance on them, going round and round!! Silly chins!!

Between my chins and my ferrets, I don't have a single pair of unchewed shoes. I don't like wearing shoes around any of them because as Godofgods says, it is easier to feel them if they happen to get underfoot. Which they do all too often.

I have perfected what I refer to as "the shuffle". It's where I walk by sliding my feet across the floor, without actually lifting my feet up. This is my go-to mode of motion when Rosey is out and about :)

Between my chins and my ferrets, I don't have a single pair of unchewed shoes. I don't like wearing shoes around any of them because as Godofgods says, it is easier to feel them if they happen to get underfoot. Which they do all too often.

my ferrets are always under foot. I swear they do it on purpose'

Back