Chins ATE Paper Towel!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahrii

So, last night I apparently left a dry paper towel somewhere while I was cleaning my boys' cage. I couldn't find it, and it seemed like it completely disappeared. But, this afternoon, I saw it in their cage! It had urine on it, and pieces of it were missing. About 80% of it was still in-tact, and it was only a single sheet. I'm not sure if only one got to it, or both of them did. I feel extremely guilty. :cry:

Is there anything I should watch out for? Is this worth a trip to the vet? What can I do?? Any help is majorly appreciated.

I realize it's probably been over 24 hours now, but mostly just keep an eye on them. Make sure they are pooping ok and acting normal, the biggest problem would be the paper towel swelling and causing a gut blockage. It takes roughly up to 12 hours for something to travel the digestive tract, but I would keep an eye on the for 24 hours just to be sure everything comes out ok . If at anytime during that 24 hours they aren't acting normal or stop pooping normally you'll need to get the chin to the vet, because it could have caused a blockage.

I realize it's probably been over 24 hours now, but mostly just keep an eye on them. Make sure they are pooping ok and acting normal, the biggest problem would be the paper towel swelling and causing a gut blockage. It takes roughly up to 12 hours for something to travel the digestive tract, but I would keep an eye on the for 24 hours just to be sure everything comes out ok . If at anytime during that 24 hours they aren't acting normal or stop pooping normally you'll need to get the chin to the vet, because it could have caused a blockage.
So far they've been acting normal, definitely pooping normally, and eating normally. I'll keep observing them though, but so far so good.

Back