Chinnie myths?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"If you squeeze a chin too tight, its eyes will pop out"

You should have seen how carefully and gently I held mine when I got them, haha!!

How about if they get wet it will kill them. :thinking:

There are some others i haven't heard either.. and :hilarious:

How about this. If you pick it up by it's tail it will fall off. Okay maybe by the tip tip (actually not sure about the tip cuz i have heard different stories on that part), but lets face it, not by the back end of the butt. :hilarious:

Jean

OK, a.) why would you cut a chin's pretty fur? and b.) I actually believed the tail thing until I read this... boy, do I feel stupid... ;)

lol does this one count. chins can rool around in plastic balls and that plastic doesnt hurt them

A chin's teeth can break cage bars.
Chins need a "sand bath" immediately after handling otherwise their fur will fall out from too much hand oils. (heard this one at a petstore)

I heard the tail thing too. If you pull on it, or scare them while holding it, it will break off and they'll grow a new one. CRAZY!

If you get them wet or feed them after midnight.....oh wait.... ROFL

If you get them wet or feed them after midnight.....oh wait.... ROFL

Oh man that made me cackle! Thanks for the great laugh <3

Hmm, how about this lil tid bit.
"Oh no, it's fine to house a male and female together. If you put them together when they're still babies, they'll think they're brother and sister and won't breed"
I heard that from a 'so called breeder' in Winston.

I always hear that they are mean, vicious animals. I wonder why people think that?

My recent favorite - "Well since chinchillas are desert animals, you have to keep them warm or they'll go into hibernation." (The guy even argued their large ears prove they are warm-climate animals)
~Barb~

My recent favorite - "Well since chinchillas are desert animals, you have to keep them warm or they'll go into hibernation." (The guy even argued their large ears prove they are warm-climate animals)
~Barb~

the large ears dont make any sense in that conversation. lol anyways he must be a real piece of work

Back