• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Chins-N-Hedgies and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Chinchillas & Cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyroline

Hello. Unfortunately we can no longer care for our chinchillas. They will come with everything they need including cage and traveling cage for rehoming. Asking a rehoming fee of $175. For both chinchillas and everything. The cage is bigger than my refrigerator.

Attachments

• received_2568377786723586.jpeg
    received_2568377786723586.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 15
I'm not sure. A lady gave them to us. Said they've always been bonded and didn't have any kids. And the female is not pregnant. If that makes sense.

That's what I'm thinking. Are you still interested ? Probably not because you're in LA.

I'm way too far away to be interested in them, but I just wanted to say that unless you actually know for a fact the male was neutered it's best not to assume he is, it's not a common thing. Chins can be together for years before producing any kits if the conditions aren't right. Sometimes all it takes is a change of environment (new home or even new area of the room), better food, less stress, etc can all suddenly change things so the chins decided now is a good time to mate. I had a pair when I was a kid that I was told was a male/male bonded pair, they were together for 3 or 4 years so we never questioned it, then one morning I woke to find two little kits in the cage. Luckily I happened to already have a spare cage that was kit safe to move the mother and kits into.

Also keep in mind that the gestation period of chins is 111 days, and they don't always show. So I would make sure who ever buys them knows that the female could be pregnant since she lives with a male. I've seen way too often people being surprised and unprepared for kits after being told the male was neutered or sterile because they hadn't had any kits yet.

Back