Chinchillas and guinea pigs: Same room?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DawnStar

Is there an issue having chinchillas and guinea pigs in the same room? Obviously not the same cage ...

So long as they are caged separately and never interact, like no playtime together or shared toys, etc. I see no problem with them being in the same room. If your guinea pig or chinchilla is sick though I would move it to another room so it can't get the other sick, things like URI can be contagious and deadly.

So long as they are caged separately and never interact, like no playtime together or shared toys, etc. I see no problem with them being in the same room. If your guinea pig or chinchilla is sick though I would move it to another room so it can't get the other sick, things like URI can be contagious and deadly.
This is a super important comment. Thanks for that. It is something to consider especially bc potentially stressing an animal out by switching up surroundings ..hmm.

I do not think moving them around when sick would be a problem. I'm fortunate we have two guest bedrooms . Just prefer one to be empty for guests lol.

Back