Chinchilla Sounds Resource

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! I'm going to go ahead and sticky this, because I know it will be used over and over again. :)

Oh, thanks. I had a link to this on my old laptop. I have not been able to find it since I got this new one.

Did it sound like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_9lfCfZr9k

One of my chinchillas makes this sound while sleeping. At first I thought something was horribly wrong, but I looked at her and she was still sleeping. I did some research and found sometimes they make that noise while sleeping and is normal. I call it the "chinchilla nightmare" sound. I don't know what they would be having nightmares about...

My chin makes that sound when he doesn't want us to get him out of his little box fort I made for him.

omg jessica! gizmo perks up and gets all confused when he hears the sounds too! he doesnt talk back though. i wish he would.

its really cute to see them search around a bit.

i love this site. I found it awhile, i feel stupid now for not sharing it earlier! I love the baby sounds! They make my heart melt...

sounds

The site seems to be up and I am able to listen to the sounds. (I used this site earlier this year and haven't had problems playing the sound files.) Yes, the contented baby sounds do melt my heart. I just want to pick up the baby and rub noses with it.

This was so helpful!

My chinchilla makes a particular sound every now and then, and my boyfriend and I had no idea what he was doing! We didn't know if he was happy, scared, angry, etc. Or if it was even normal!

But this cleared things up. :)

I have 3 boys together. When one wants to play, he will go up to the face of another (who is usually sound asleep) and kack at him right up close in the face. He is definitely not angry, it seems this is a game they developed. The sleephead usually gets up and starts playing. It's hysterical! It scared me at first, but I saw they were actually playing with it! Like GOTCHA! Tag, you're it!

ive just been listening to these, the one that is the 'scared and run away quickly' is bizarre when i heard starrkey do it- granted i've NO idea what he saw in my room that made him belt it so fast for under the table (his hidey place) but he sounded like a chipmunk, like disney chip n dale chipmunks...or when donald duck is angry..... id love to know what he sees though that makes him jump!

The sounds aren't working for me. I'm trying to distinguish a noise Zipper makes at me. Is there any other site?

At night sometimes one of my chinchillas makes a kind of duck noise its def not barking its kind of a deep squeak any ideas?

Back