Chinchilla seperated after spay surgery and scared they're going to fight

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Momochi

Hello everyone, I've been looking everywhere on google for an answer and there was none I could find so I hope maybe some of you have experience with this.

My chin of 6,5 years (Mochi) got a spay surgery last week on thursday, because she was suffering from pyometra. She has a pretty big wound with stitches, which the vet said will dissolve on their own. The vet highly recommended me that I seperate her. I brought my other chin of also 6,5 years (Mocha) to my cousin. The plan was to pick her up after several days but I found out I had corona, so plans got delayed.

I'm soon going on a trip and have my cousin look after both of them. Now that I don't have symptoms, my plan is to bring my Mochi to my cousin so she can be together again. It will be a week and 2 days since the surgery then.

I'm really afraid they will fight because they have been seperated for a while. I was wondering if this is too long? I was hoping if anyone could tell me about a similair experience. Mine never fought when they were together. I'm also paranoid about the stitches. Mochi's not touching them so much, but I'm paranoid Mocha will. Anyone who has experience please 🥺?

Update: I put them together and Mochi as well as Mocha didn't mind each other. Mocha was just sniffing Mochi a bit and then started to cuddle her and give her scratches. It was the cutest thing ever ;~;

Glad to hear they're still getting along after their brief separation. :)

It's my understanding that they would need to be separated for longer than a week for their bond to be broken. If they'd been separated for a month or more, then you might have to re-introduce them slowly, as their bond might be broken, but I don't think they're likely to forget each other after just a week.

I'm also paranoid about the stitches. Mochi's not touching them so much, but I'm paranoid Mocha will. Anyone who has experience please 🥺?
Update: I put them together and Mochi as well as Mocha didn't mind each other. Mocha was just sniffing Mochi a bit and then started to cuddle her and give her scratches. It was the cutest thing ever ;~;
Hey, how are the stitches?

Back