Chinchilla running in circles?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicchilla1

Hello all,
so first off I plan on making an appointment with the vet first thing in the morning, but until then I'm hoping someone might have an idea of what I'm dealing with. So my chinchilla Jinx is running in circles, but like really wide circles. He's just kind of jumping around his entire cage but in the same circular pattern over and over again. He doesn't do it when I'm letting him out or giving him attention. I thought he might just be bored, but I let him out for longer than normal tonight and even rearranged his cage a bit and as soon as I put him back he's right back at it. I'm concerned it could be an ear infection, but if so would they be tighter circles and wouldn't he do it during playtime as well? Also, he has been eating, drinking, and going #2 fine.
Thanks for any input!

It's been a few hours and he tends to only do it when we are looking at him. Once we turned the lights off he just stopped and hung out in the corner. I'm thinking it could potentially be a way to get attention, but I will still be going to the vet just to be sure! These guys are so fragile it worries me so much!

Back