Chinchilla nibbled on a succulent

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GiovanniMoore

My chinchilla Zero ate a leaf of my string of buttons succulent, I'm a paranoid chin parent so... Will he he okay?

It's listed as nontoxic, so it shouldn't kill him, but could cause diarrhea and possibly gas depending on how much he ate. So keep an eye on this poops, make sure he is eating and drinking ok, as well as acting normal. You can give some infant gas drops (about 0.3-0.5ml) just incase to break up any gas that might be caused digesting it.

It's listed as nontoxic, so it shouldn't kill him, but could cause diarrhea and possibly gas depending on how much he ate. So keep an eye on this poops, make sure he is eating and drinking ok, as well as acting normal. You can give some infant gas drops (about 0.3-0.5ml) just incase to break up any gas that might be caused digesting it.
Thank you so much!! I will keep an eye out! He didn't eat a lot, just a half a leaf so I will keep an eye out for gas and the like!
Thank you for easing my worries, now I won't wake him up from his nap every two seconds to ask if he was okay!

Back