Chinchilla from pet store

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe. How long (inch-wise) should he be when I get him? I haven't ever been around chinchillas but at pet stores. I've heard about 9"-12" when grown, with a 6 inches tail but what about babies?
That is hard to answer, it's like asking how tall a kid should be at a certain age, it depends on genetics. Maybe about 3-4 inches long? I think I remember the kits I've gotten from breeders when I was younger (teenager) were small enough to fit in my hand, if that helps at all, lol

That is hard to answer, it's like asking how tall a kid should be at a certain age, it depends on genetics. Maybe about 3-4 inches long? I think I remember the kits I've gotten from breeders when I was younger (teenager) were small enough to fit in my hand, if that helps at all, lol
I understand. Just want a rough idea of what to expect. Maybe about the size of a hampster or a little bigger?

Ok here are a couple of the chins I had growing up

1615526216539.png
Baby Gypsy about 12 weeks I think

1615526277009.png
Baby Crackers at 8 weeks.

Not the best pics, sorry, they are scans of old photos, but hopefully get an idea of size, especially with Crackers compared to the Pop tarts box, lol.

Back