Chinchilla Chewing at Paws?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinlove

I got a new chinnie a couple of weeks ago after my previous one passed, but today I noticed a really weird behaviour I've never seen before. After she was done with playtime, she climbed up onto the highest shelf to rest and then brought up her front paw and chewed at the toes of it for a couple of seconds. I don't know why she did this, my only guess is I accidentally closed the door on her paw once, not sure if this is the same one though. I am a bit superstitious of anything she does because of previous issues with my last chin, and I dont know if this is a tooth problem or a foot problem, she has scratched at her teeth once, but does anyone know what this means?

Without seeing it it's hard to say, but if she isn't actually chewing it raw or spending a lot of time focused on it or anything it's probably nothing serious. Most likely something simple like she stepped on something, got something on her paw, had an itch on her paw, or if it was chewing towards the end of the toes she could have even just been trimming her nails.

Back