Chinchilla Car Crash

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sturtzr1

Hello, I was driving back to my parents home for spring break with my chinchilla when I lost control of my car on the ice and hit the median. The impact was not enough to set off the air bags and I was not hurt at all. I am wondering how to know if my chinchilla is okay and what signs I should look for if he is suffering from the trauma. Thank you.

Get him to the vet. Chins are very good at hiding injuries.

I recently got into a wreck, thought all was good with my rats because I had secured their travel cage to the seat, but when I opened it up to check on them, one had a bloody nose.

It's too risky imo to not get them.

I was also in a car crash-a serious one where I had to go to the hospital and the chins went to the fire station for the night-this after I had a freak out fit because the cops called animal control and they were going to take them to the pound for the night. Things like this are why they need to travel in small carriers so the impact does not cause them to be flung around. Mine were fine without vet care but the insurance company would have paid for a vet visit.

Back