Chinchilla Breeders/Rescues

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sofoxy790

Hello, I am currently looking to adopt a chinchilla. I know a couple pet stores around that either have them or can get them in. But I know that its better to adopt or get from a reputable breeder. This is where I'm stuck, I can't find any place thats not too far. The closest it about 3 and a half hours. If needed I can drive that far but if possible find something closer. I live in Western Illinois. Thank you.

NWI chinchillas has rescued. Some if them are actually in iowa so that might be closer to you.
Also Angel Chinchillas is now in Monmouth, IL I think.

If you can’t find any chinchillas breeders or rescues near you a good idea might be to look for people rehoming there chinchillas

If you can’t find any chinchillas breeders or rescues near you a good idea might be to look for people rehoming there chinchillas
I agree!
People “buy” chins just to have a cute pet and have no clue the care they need (frequent time outside a cage to run & exercise for example) or that they can live up to 20 ish years...
I had no intention of becoming a chin mom but rescued a chin who spent 10 years in a tiny cage in a basement.
If at all possible, please rescue/re-home a chin. 💕💕

I agree!
People “buy” chins just to have a cute pet and have no clue the care they need (frequent time outside a cage to run & exercise for example) or that they can live up to 20 ish years...
I had no intention of becoming a chin mom but rescued a chin who spent 10 years in a tiny cage in a basement.
If at all possible, please rescue/re-home a chin. 💕💕
That's horrible! I'm so glad you were able to give him a better home!

Back