Chinchilla ate aluminum tube

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gkyao

Hi everyone, so i have a lacto vite paste which i feed my chinchillas sometimes which's tube is aluminum. one of them chewed part of the tube and ate it. I was very concern and have kept close attention on her to make sure she's doing well. She seems to poop less and when she does, I found a little piece of aluminum wrapped inside her poop and I assume there's more in her system.The poop seemed to be normal size and shape. I've called a vet and going to take her in the day after tomorrow; however i would like to know if she's going to be okay and what I can do now before the checkup. Since I found this little piece does it mean she's able to pass the tube naturally? Thanks a lot for your help!

There's no way to know if she's okay. I don't mean that in a bad way. It's more of a wait and see situation. Hopefully, everything will pass through fine. I commend you for getting a vet appointment to check on her. They can at least check to be sure there is no blockage.

I myself wouldn't use the paste in any case. They don't need it.

Back