Chin toilet bedding

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LillyChu

Lilly
Heyhey,

I wasn't sure if this has been asked yet, but I have been searching for new bedding, but the only one I have found so far is Tumblefresh, is this one suitable? Because I have no experience with the brand at all, so I wanted to make sure..product_tiny_friends_farm___tumblefresh_medpets_4_1437550450_10692.jpg

It looks like paper. If the chinchilla eats it, it will expand in their stomach. I have caught mine nibbling her bedding multiple times. She is probably isn’t swallowing but it can be hard to tell. I would use aspen shaving. That is what I use and it works great.

The only safe bedding options are kiln dried pine shavings or aspen shavings, or if you want you can use fleece liners or tile your cage and use a small pan of shavings for a pee pan. As mentioned paper bed is dangerous, if swallowed it absorbs and expands, which can cause a blockage requiring emergency surgery.

Alrighty, thank you so much.
Just wanted to try something new, but I'll stick to the kiln dried pine then~
Very annoying that with most things you can barely find it or it doesn't even tell you what it's made of ;l

Currently I indeed have my cages tiled with on each level a pan ^`^ Works very well, have had this for about 5 years now.

Back