Chin peeing on himself??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dizdro

My chinchilla max has always been clean and healthy. We introduced him to two new chinchillas about two months ago. Romeo and him get along great, but I think trio picks on max. Max seems to defend himself well and can run faster than trio, but I noticed max has started hibernating in certain areas. It seems he's not even leaving to go pee. His under belly is yellow and sometimes i'll pick him up and there is pee on his feet. I'm 80% sure it's trio, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Separate the chin to his own cage, it will only get worse and the chin will most likely end up dead. Poor chin should not have to live terrorized in its own home.

If it is not the other chin and he's just acting lethargic and peeing where he is... He needs to be seen by a vet right now.

I would take him to the vet to be certain he doesn't have a UTI. If the vet says not, then he needs his own cage where he is not being bullied. The reason I say vet first is because if he does have a problem, it needs to be treated ASAP.

I agree -- vet visit.

If a chin has been a good user of the potty pan and then suddenly starts peeing all over, it could be bladder stones. Bladder stones can cause them to dribble urine all the time.

I learned this only after Baby died suddenly and unexpectedly, and I had a necropsy performed. In addition to the abscess on his pancreas that had burst, he also had multiple large bladder stones. I had mistaken the issue to be his just becoming an indiscriminate pee-er.

I'm hoping your case will have a better outcome...keep us posted...

It's been a few days and max has stopped peeing and seems to be very happy again! :)

Back