Chin has urine stains on fur

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpleasants

hi,

So i decided to switch to fleece liners for my chins cage. I noticed that the urine doesn't soak in immediately, and my chin ends up getting urine on her pretty white fur. How can I get the urine stains out of her fur?

Also, I have a litter pan in the cage (with pine shavings)... she uses it sometimes, but often she will pee in other places. Are there any tricks on getting your chin to pee mostly in the litter pan?

thanks

About getting her to pee in the pan- take a bit of wet litter when you change it and put it back into the pan on the top so she thinks "oh ok THIS is where I'm supposed to go". Although ill warn you not ever chin will pee in the pan 100% of the time.

I know I've used baby shampoo, but it was for Pedro who was standing in his litter bowl, so it was only for his back paws and for his tail, which are both easy to dry (and I made extra sure to rinse it well after)
so for the fur I'm not quite sure...but at least if it can help for paws and tail!

Do your liners have terry cloth or something else sewn to the inside that will wick away the urine quickly? I was having that problem for the first few days I put fleece liners in until I got the terry cloth sewn on the inside. Now don't have that problem.

Back