Chin grooming?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyBug

Sometimes I love too much
This might be a weird questions, but what does chin grooming look like? As some of you know, I have two girls that were introduced and are finally able to live together. Last night they looked almost like the were vampirizing each other's necks and faces! There were no outward signs of aggression, but is this normal chin-on-chin grooming? They were getting close to the eyes, and I don't want an eye poked out!

Loll yes it might seem weird but it is perfectly normal. They clean each other and very often in the face too. If one of your chin grooms you, you will notice that they are not very soft when grooming, they groom pretty....hard!

Sounds like they are going to get along. Usually seeing grooming (which that is what that was) is a really good sign. :)

It sounds like they are doing very well together! Once chins start grooming each other, it is a great acceptance on both their parts. I think chins look adorable when they groom each other. They contort into all kinds of positions to get just the right spot.

they do occasionally groom pretty hard. Every so often you'll hear a 'kack' during the grooming process which I guess translates into our version of 'ouch'

Back