Chin Dust Causing Eye Issues?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnhappyRefrain

My usual chin dust I use was out of stock, but there was a bagged version by the same company (All Living Things) that I bought instead. I noticed right away that the coloring was way lighter then the stuff I had been using. It also seems a lot finer and doesn't lay on the furniture like the other dust. But ever since I started using it, my chin has been having gooey discharge from the corners of his eyes. At first I didn't know what was causing it, but I put eye drops in and he was better until he took another dust bath. The next day, his eyes were goopy again. The dust is the only thing different I've been using. According to the bag, it's made from pumice and mined in the US. Has anyone else had similar issues with this kind of dust?
20201019_131730.jpg

Attachments

• 20201019_131730.jpg
    20201019_131730.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 2
I use the All Living Things dust, but it comes in a jar not a bag, https://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/PetSmart/5165338 maybe the formula is some how different then the one in the jar? I'm not sure. My only suggestion would be to try a different dust, like Oxbow poof, Lixit Blue beauty, the petco brand (you and me I think it's called), or try chill dust, which seems to be the new go to dust for those in the US. ChillDust: Bathing Dust for Chinchillas, Degus and Other Critters
I think I'm going to throw the old dust away and try Poof. Hope my baby likes it!

Back