Chin Chillers

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilyLiliLove

SassyChinchillasRescue
So i need to get new chin chillers, i dropped the ones i had after cleaning them ad they busted, and don't want to pay $8 per tile as i need 8, plus a few extra for back up. Where can i get cheap ones? can i just get them from a hardware store?

I get mine from a hardware store near me. I bought a floor tile and some larger tiles for $5, and most places will cut them for you too

It's possible you could find them on sale online. The cheapest I've seen them is $6.
Your best bet is to go to the hardware store. :)

confirmed! just ordered 5 samples (the max) of 4x4 granite samples. no credit card required. cant wait to get them! :)

They are quite small. but for free who cares. Just get multiples.

I received seven 12inX12in for free from a family friend that had extra marble. :) LOVE them and they are great size. :)

Chin Chillers are practically impossible to find here in England. I use terracotta floor tiles in each cage during hot spells. I chill them in the fridge first, wipe off any excess moisture and the chins love them. Pepper, Tigger and Chilli lie full out on them to keep cool. All my lads enjoy chilled sand baths also.

Last edited:
I just ordered a few marble samples from the builddirect site, too :-D Sounds like the perfect solution! Since I don't know exactly what size they'll be, I ordered two of each type and I'll just lie them next to each other - so should make two chillers, each at least 4"x8".

Back