Chin behavior

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinnies_

Hi! So I have 2 chinchillas both about to 1 this month and both males. One is named Peanut and the other is Snowball. I let them out on Thursday night in a large play pen and Peanut is very energetic so he was jumping a lot. However, that cause him to have a mild heat stroke so we quickly gave him cold water and put him somewhere cold and he was recovering. I took to the vet next morning and she said that he is healthy and he his breathing fine that he just had a mild heatstroke and he will rest on his own. So he is recovering and resting on his own. But today I noticed he was just sitting in a corner like for most of the day when I picked him up however he was awake with energy but when I put him back in the cage he’s just sitting there. Does anyone would could be wrong?

What time did u pick him up? He could've just been excited to see you and thought he was getting time out of the cage, but when you put him down he wanted to go back and rest

Is it still hot in the room? In case you aren't aware chins need temps below 75F and you really shouldn't allow them out for play if the temp is above 70.

Back