Charles crosses the Rainbow Bridge ~

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodysChinchillas

<- Pooper Scooper
Charles wasn't like any other chinchilla. I know everyone says that their chinchilla is something special, but Charles really was. He was my first chinchilla, and I'll never forget his curious, friendly, and all around loving personality. I only owned him for about 2 years until he became extremely ill. I thought that I did something wrong in the care of Charles, but when we brought him to the vet, we were told he had Malocclusion. I never really knew much about Malo. I mean, I've heard of it before but I never really looked into it. I never thought it would happen to my baby Charles. Soon enough, we scheduled a surgery for them to try and keep him around a little bit longer. He made it out of surgery, and we had some hope. He seemed a little bit better. We were giving him medicine oraly, and it killed me inside to see him struggle to get away from the syringe. After a few days I just knew it was his time to go. Almost like the way he looked at me he was saying "Dad, I've had enough." And that's when I made the life changing decision to put him to sleep. I never ever thought I could get so attatched to my little pet. Ever since the day I lost Charles, I knew I would never be able to find a chinchilla who acted so perfect ever again. He truly was one of kind, and I'll never forget him.

~R.I.P. Charles Lightning, 4.26.07 - 10.8.10 ~
:cry3::chin::chin2:

I am so sorry for your loss. I remember when I lost my very first chinchilla. He was the most amazing pet I have ever had.

Its never easy to lose a little friend. My thoughts are with you!

I am so sorry :( I can tell from your words how much you loved Charles and it is always such a tough decision to let such a beloved pet - friend - go.

I am so sorry. I recently lost my Chilli to malo. It was hard to know he was suffering, yet see his spirit determined to overcome it. He was Mr. Personality too. I hope our boys are in Chinnie Heaven together, chewing up everything they can. I cried when they brought his little body back to me, I cried when I picked up his ashes on Friday. I hurt every time I look at Pepper, and think, why wasn't it you? That's not fair, Pepper is just himself, but he is no where near the level of Chilli. He was also my first one. Take comfort in knowing he is no longer in pain.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Charles :flowers5:

He's in Chinnie Heaven watching over you and thanks you for making that most difficult but brave, loving decision.

Back