Change Name

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickster

Both my girls are about 4 years old and I don't know if it would confuse them to change their name's.....would it??

I got my chin when she was 3 years old and couldn't stand her name. I changed her name to Tinkerbell and never had an issue. Over time, consistency pays off with anything, including a name change. I say go ahead!

I don't think it will confused them. They will get it eventually. You could try changing it to something close. So it's less confusing if it does at all. :p

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Chins do recognize their own name. They can get used to a new one, but it would take some time and consistency.

When my last two kits were born, before i named them i always called them 'little one'. When they finally got their names, it took as much retraining for me not to call them little one, as it took them to get used to their real name. lol

That being said, i never renamed a pet i took in.

when Juliet came to us she had no name and was already a year old .. so its new to her just having a name

Channel was dropped off at humane society and no name was given for her either .. so we gave her one

either of these girls could of had a name at one point we are not sure but they seem fine with having new names and did not even seem confused by it all

We just got a new chin, his name was Licorice and my bf re-named him Dale Earnhardt. He's probably between 5-8yrs old and didn't seem to respond to his name at all. I think he'll be fine with the name change.

My pair had the dumbest names in the world when I got them. Their names were China&Vampy.. What?!?! Now they're named Lola&Willow and they respond very well to their new names. Lola's about 6 1/2 years old. And Willow is still pretty young at 3, so I don't think it'll confuse them much.

When I got Ember who is an ebony, her name was Velvet... and her daughter Cotton who is an ebony white cross, her name had been Violet.... Those names had to change just to avoid complete and utter confusion. :wacko:

Back