Central PA vet?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelBaby

Proud mommy of 2 fluffies
I live in the Hershey/Harrisburg area of PA and am in search of a good vet. I have tried 2 different vets and haven't felt comfortable with either of them so before I go and trying out different ones I would like to see if anyone has any suggestions first.

I saw there was a listing for a vet in Lancaster but from where I live it would take me almost an hour to get there which is a bit far in case there happened to be some sort of emergency.

Thanks in advance if someone can help me out;)

If you feel like coming down to York, my Vet isn't too bad. She is the pocket Vet and also overall Dental Vet. She is at East York Vet Dr. Kasabek...i may have spelled it wrong but that's how it sounds. She is one of those though that say about fresh greens so that's a drawback, but she also at the same time says that an all hay/grasses diet would be wonderful for them over having to also have pellets as pellets can cause malo issues by not encouraging the proper wear of molars. She did wonderful with Bria's teeth filing and Smokey's injured paw.
Sorry that's about as close as I get you, but its a suggestion.

It's not uncommon for some to travel an hour for a 'good' vet in the case of an emergency. If it was Smoketown you saw, they're great. Other than that, I really don't know

Thanks girls! I will have to look into one of those, someone recommended I think Smoketown to me awhile ago. I really don't mind driving to provide good healthcare for my chins but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if anyone knew of any closer.

Back