Central CA, possible Darwin Award Winner?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3CsMommy

My babies Rock!
Western NY aka: Our Zoo. (We only lack a bird.)
http://www.latimes.com/sns-bc-us--cockfightdeath,0,2144295.story

From the above article:

DELANO, California (AP) — A man who was at an illegal cockfight in central California died after being stabbed in the leg by a bird that had a knife attached to its own limb, officials confirmed Monday.

Jose Luis Ochoa, 35, of Lamont, California, was declared dead at a hospital about two hours after he was injured in neighboring Tulare County on Jan. 30, the Kern County coroner said.

An autopsy concluded Ochoa died of an accidental "sharp force injury" to his right calf.

2 hrs after the fighting rooster stabbed him, he was declared dead. I'm trying to wrap my brain around how that even happens. I almost feel bad for laughing. (Almost.)

I remember listening to this on the news last night. Since cockfighting is illegal here, he avoided going to the hospital for as long as possible. The jerk had it coming.

Oh man... I suppose it isn't nice to comment on his intelligence because he is now dead, but what a dummy. He got stabbed by a rooster...how must his family feel? It's sad that he's dead, I guess...he strapped a knife to rooster so he kinda had it coming in a way. LOL

Oh, Delano...that town is a gem. Word from the wise, if you have to stop, don't do it there. ;)

Oh, Delano...that town is a gem. Word from the wise, if you have to stop, don't do it there. ;)

Lol. Kinda sounds like how I talk about my hometown.

Ultimately I feel bad b/c I keep coming up with bad jokes ("Guess a bird in the leg is worth a trip to the morgue", "Another reason cock fighting is a cock-a-doodle-DON'T") at the guy's expense, but... he was killed by a 5 pound bird strapped with a shiv he or some animal abuser like him strapped to the thing's leg. How dumb can it get?!?!?!

I get the local news and the west coast feeds on my directv. The local news mentioned nothing about this but the LA news had a little blurp, even though they said Delano is in Tulare County. We just found it funny how the Kern County news stayed away from it.

After reading this, I have to agree that this is Karma at its best. Not Darwinism.

Back