CBD candle around chin?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kraucci

Does anyone have any insight regarding if burning a CBD candle in the same room (average bedroom, for size) a chinchilla is safe for them? This is called Candlebis Candle Co. "cbd soy wax candle infused with 80 mg pure cbd" Thank you!

I would say not safe at all. Breathing in CBD could make them very sick or even kill them. Even normal candles are ingeneral not safe to burn around chinchillas, they have very sensitive lungs, so even normal nonscented candles can cause respiratory issues, having drug infused candles would be even worse.

Why would you even consider burning a cannabis infused candle near any animal or yourself????????????

Last edited:
I would say not safe at all. Breathing in CBD could make them very sick or even kill them. Even normal candles are ingeneral not safe to burn around chinchillas, they have very sensitive lungs, so even normal nonscented candles can cause respiratory issues, having drug infused candles would be even worse.
thank you!

CBD oil is derived from cannabis so I'm not thinking of 'something else'. Again, why would you even consider inflicting a drug laden candle on any animal????????

CBD oil is derived from cannabis so I'm not thinking of 'something else'. Again, why would you even consider inflicting a drug laden candle on any animal????????
there is absolutely no reason to be hostile considering the uses for CBD in animals and humans and related data and approvals. There is no reason for such a rude, shameful reply. Have a lovely day.

I do not condone the use of CBD on any animal. Too many people are far too eager to extol it's virtues, but I am not. You should have more consideration for your pets, and it is yourself that should feel ashamed for even having the thought in your head of burning this near an animal.

Before my Bella passed away, she had arthritis, and a little cbd oil mixed with her pain meds made a world of difference for her mobility. Cbd does not contain any thc, unless the product says it does. Don’t rule it out.
Burning a candle is different, they will release some carcinogens into the air that can be harmful. I would keep candles in another room and not burn for too long at that, because it will travel through the air.

Reactions: Mel
I'd be careful with anything infused with oils around chinchillas. I even avoid diffusers...their little lungs are much more sensitive than ours and from what I have read it's just not a risk I'm willing to take.

You need to read up on CBD oil before doing this ???????????. First, it's annoying and unnecessary. Second, she's not saying she's going to fire up a joint near her animal. I myself use CBD gummies for pain. It has zero to do with getting high as the chemical that makes that happen is removed.

I have read a report on CBD for pets. Sadly not all CBD is THC free. I really think more studies, more quality control is needed in the industry, both for pets and humans. It’s done for other pharmaceuticals, again both pets and humans.
CBD aside, it seems the REAL concern here is air quality for your chin. Like chins, hedgies have sensitive respiratory systems. And I personally have a compromised respiratory system plus allergies. I read labels voraciously for anything I might consider using in my home - candles, diffusers, cleaners. I have an oil diffuser in my living room where I spend much time and where my hedgehogs are housed. I got it as much for some needed humidity (living in a very dry climate) as for freshening fragrance, especially in winter with the house closed up. When I use oils I use only pure essential oils, minimal amounts and never “hot” oils that can irritate respiratory systems. (cinnamon, camphor, eucalyptus, clove, peppermint are all hot and should be used minimally on skin or as fragrance) Sometimes I simply use plain water. I avoid cleaning products with artificial fragrances and stay with essential oils and extracts, preferably organic. In over 20 years I’ve never had respiratory issues in my hedgies from these. Dusty paper and wood shavings bedding have caused problems! Can’t tell you how many rescues I’ve taken in sick from that... yet those products continue to be sold unquestioned. sigh.

I have read a report on CBD for pets. Sadly not all CBD is THC free. I really think more studies, more quality control is needed in the industry, both for pets and humans. It’s done for other pharmaceuticals, again both pets and humans.
CBD aside, it seems the REAL concern here is air quality for your chin. Like chins, hedgies have sensitive respiratory systems. And I personally have a compromised respiratory system plus allergies. I read labels voraciously for anything I might consider using in my home - candles, diffusers, cleaners. I have an oil diffuser in my living room where I spend much time and where my hedgehogs are housed. I got it as much for some needed humidity (living in a very dry climate) as for freshening fragrance, especially in winter with the house closed up. When I use oils I use only pure essential oils, minimal amounts and never “hot” oils that can irritate respiratory systems. (cinnamon, camphor, eucalyptus, clove, peppermint are all hot and should be used minimally on skin or as fragrance) Sometimes I simply use plain water. I avoid cleaning products with artificial fragrances and stay with essential oils and extracts, preferably organic. In over 20 years I’ve never had respiratory issues in my hedgies from these. Dusty paper and wood shavings bedding have caused problems! Can’t tell you how many rescues I’ve taken in sick from that... yet those products continue to be sold unquestioned. sigh.

I'm not disagreeing with what you said. My point to Pepperpot was it's annoying to see ?????????????? after everything. Inform a person with facts, not wild posts. If Pepperpot chooses to leave, that's her choice, but her post was reported and I responded to it. I'm not condoning the use of CBD oil. I stated that not all CBD oil is bad.

The cbd oil I used did not have any thc in it. I originally got it for myself and decided it didn’t do much for me. When Bella’s mobility decreased, I was willing to try anything since her pain meds helped, but didn’t increase her levels of activity. It was like night and day for her. I wasn’t able to find any long term info on cbd use with chins, but I knew her time was limited and wanted to make her comfortable until it was time.
I do have some gummies that list a small amount of thc left, and they help me sleep with no after effects. I would not give those to a chin.
Just wanted to put that out there as an option for anyone who might be thinking about it.

I'm not very educated in regards to cannabis usage, but I would air on the side of caution and not light the candle in the same room as your chinchilla.

I'm new here and I just wanted to add that as much as I love my candles, I'm not sure if burning a CBD candle around a chinchilla is safe. I would suggest playing it safe and not burning the candle in the same room as your furry friend. CBD has been known to have calming effects on humans, but it's important to remember that animals can react differently to certain substances.
If you're looking for ways to introduce CBD into your chinchilla's life, some pet-specific CBD products out there may be a safer option. Check out this article from https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/heres-what-makes-this-200-year-old-heirloom-best-cbd-for-relief that explains what makes some CBD products better than others, especially when it comes to relief.

I'm not an expert, but I'd recommend playing it safe with your adorable chinchilla. Maybe try keeping the candle in a different room, just to be sure? Chinchillas are sensitive little cuties, so better safe than sorry.

I'm not an expert, but I'd recommend playing it safe with your adorable chinchilla. Maybe try keeping the candle in a different room, just to be sure? Chinchillas are sensitive little cuties, so better safe than sorry.
I actually read about the benefits of CBD products for pets in Orlandomagazine recently. As a dog owner myself, I've tried out some of the products they mentioned to help my furry friend's health and stress levels. It's been pretty cool. However, when it comes to chinchillas, I think it's wise to be cautious and maybe do some more research.

Back