cats and chins playing together

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godofgods

i know its probably a waste of time, ppl are to arrogant to change a belief. But i figured id try in this case. After watching videos of a chin in the Memorial section, i saw this video on the list and just felt compelled to say something.

So if you please, leave a comment there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjjMQOoslsw

could consider it a downside. I have a hard time dealing with ppl like this without wanting to punch em..

especially when someones trying to argue that a cat isnt a predator by nature and a chin isnt prey because they are 'domesticated'.
And because they are 'separated by major climatic differences' theirs no danger of letting them play together... :vomit:

I could never do this. I would be to afraid that something would happen to the chin. Just like i have heard of people letting their ferrets play with their chins and they get along. Well i have also heard of a ferret killing a chinchilla too. I once tried to let my rat play with my chin and found out its NOT a good idea. That night the rats found a new home, i wasn't going to risk it. I mean to each their own but knowing the risks why do it?

The only cross species thing I would not mind is rabbit and guinea pig as they usually get on well. but i mean a playpen with supervision at all times. but this is out of order. Im surprised the poor chin wasnt killed

agreed. But hes clearly not willing to listen to logic. Even if someone didnt think it was serious, they should treat information about a danger to there pet seriously....

Only thing left rly is hoping that maybe if several ppl all comment he might change his mind..

sadly, your probably right. But if theirs a chance that several different ppl telling him hes wrong that it might save the chin, then time leaving a simple comment isnt to much imo.

The only cross species thing I would not mind is rabbit and guinea pig as they usually get on well. but i mean a playpen with supervision at all times. but this is out of order. Im surprised the poor chin wasnt killed

Actually rabbits shouldn't play or share cage with guinea pigs. They are carriers for a disease that can be fatal to guinea pigs. I would say mice and rats might work together. :)

Actually rabbits shouldn't play or share cage with guinea pigs. They are carriers for a disease that can be fatal to guinea pigs. I would say mice and rats might work together. :)

I know they can but sometimes it works out, when I was younger I had guinea pigs and my sisters friend brought her rabbit round and they got along just fine, I understand now that it could've been dangerous but our guinea pigs were fine.
And I forgot about mice and rats aswell :)

no no no, don't house rats and mice together. Rats are omnivorous predators and will kill and eat mice. Our tame, friendly to humans rat ate one of my friend's pet flying squirrels.

Back