Can chinchillas eat Dragonfruit?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinsForLife

I'm buying some valentines treats from Esty and one is really cute one is completely safe but some have dragon fruit drizzle and some have beet. Are either OK for just once since its just a tiny drizzle or no?

I would say no, one of the issues with fruit is the sugar. Your chin might not die but on the other hand some chins have ended up having seizures from just a single raisin. Not really worth the risk in my opinion. Also sugar is bad for their teeth, and chins can't brush so your risk tooth decay. If it's beet pulp, a small amount should be ok, it's what is left over after the sugar has been extracted, but if it's actual beets I would say no.

I would say no, one of the issues with fruit is the sugar. Your chin might not die but on the other hand some chins have ended up having seizures from just a single raisin. Not really worth the risk in my opinion. Also sugar is bad for their teeth, and chins can't brush so your risk tooth decay. If it's beet pulp, a small amount should be ok, it's what is left over after the sugar has been extracted, but if it's actual beets I would say no.
I didn't. I played it safe and went with Parsley. :)

Back