Camera Flash?????

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilovemychin

Ruby's Mom
I have always taken pictures of Ruby with my phone (no flash) And i want to put some on here of her, with the good camera. is the flash safe or will it hurt her eye:please:s? Please help so i can post pics! Thanks!

I have taken many pictures of my chins with the flash.. but actually i never thought to ask that question myself, maybe becuase [no offense meant here] i have always had animals and always used the flash if needed, so i just figured it would be okay with the chins.. but i'm not actually sure... good question..

haha ya i asked this question just because i wasnt sure. I would never want her to lose her eyesight because i didnt ask. It crossed my mind today.

I don't think it hurts their eyes, as much as it "washes out" their true colors, depending on the backgrounds!
Maybe try different things behind them, to get the best results!

i use a nikon d60 for my photos the flash is very bright so i place a rizla rolling paper over the flash to dull the bright light when photos are taken .
the photo still comes out realy good and not so bright for the chins eyes

photo of brick with the nikon d60 with flash and rizla over it .
23lcxg6.jpg

Yep, I've used plenty-o-flash myself! I haven't even seen them blink, although I don't go nuts like papparazi do with a billion flashes all at once, heehee.

I use the flash when I take pics of Tinkerbell, but the flash for me can actually ruin a lot of my pics of her. She is a mosaic and the flash tends to wash her out. But goodness, no...I would hate to think that the flash would actually be harmful to her eyes!

when i have photos of me taken with flash on all it does is make me see stars for a while . guess its the same for the chins . with the rizla paper over the flash its a little less bright for the eyes . and u dont see stars lol

Thanks everyone! I will take pics soon! I have a pretty busy schedule, but will try to post them as soon as I can!

Back