CALL FOR ENTRIES: Official CnH 2011 Hedgehog Calendar

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

menagerie

Creative Genius
I've been given the go ahead from the Administration again to organize an official CnH hedgehog calendar for 2011.

The details:

Submission requirements:
1. Images need to be high quality. If taken with a digital camera, they need to be taken at the digital camera's highest setting. Digital images ideally should be at least be 9" x 11. 5" at 150 dpi (1350 x 1725 pixels). CafePress will trim the edges to 8.5" x 11". Ideally, send me the original digital camera file. The file format should be JPEG.

2. When submitting photos, please also provide your screen name, your general location, and the name(s) of the hedgehog(s) in the photo.

3. To start we will put a limit of a maximum of 4 photos from each forum member. We may up this if we don't get enough submissions.

Remember, the bigger the better when it comes to photos. If your photo is too small, it won't be eligible, even if it's a perfect photo, as it will be too pixilated when enlarged and printed. Focus is important. Many a perfect pose has been turned down because the photo is out of focus. While it might not be noticeable in a smaller format, out of focus photos don't translate well to calendar sized prints. If your photo isn't chosen for these reasons, please don't take it personally. If your photo isn't big enough for the calendar, it may still be usable for other items in the CafePress store.

Where to send submissions:
Email the photos to [email protected]. This email address can accept large files.

Who can submit:
Any member of CnH is eligible to submit photos.

How many photos can I submit?:
To start we are limiting the number of photos to 4 per member. We may increase this limit if submissions are low.

The deadline:
The deadline for accepting entries is October 29, 2010, midnight, Pacific time. This means you have a little over a month. Anything submitted after that will not be accepted.

How the voting works:

1. I will create six polls. One for Jan/Feb, March/April, etc. Seasonal photos will be included in the appropriate months (i.e. Easter, Christmas, etc.). Each poll will probably be limited to a maximum of 8 photos.

2. The two that receive the highest votes from each poll will go in to the calendar.

3. Then a final poll will be set up for the cover with the final 12 images.

I hope that's not too confusing!

How the photos are chosen for voting:

Once I receive the photos, I'll give each photo a number, and print them out. I will go only on photographic merit, on what I think would make a good calendar photo, and not base it on who's photo it is. Please don't be offended if your photo doesn't get included in the final vote. No doubt I will receive more than the 48 entries, so unfortunately some won't make it. If we do receive more than 48 awesome photos, we may increase the number in the poll. That will be decided after photos have been submitted.

I'm also going to leave names off the poll entries as well, so it doesn't turn into a popularity contest. No doubt you may recognize some of the photos that are submitted, and who submitted them, but please base your vote on the quality of the photo, not who took it.

Polls will be up hopefully not too long after submissions close. I will finalize voting dates once they're up.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance to everyone who submits!

:bump1:

I've not had a single hedgie submission. If we don't have photos submitted, we won't be able to have a hedgie calendar.

oh no! :c

I'm planning to submit some, I've taken a couple pictures that I like and this weekend I was going to take even more. I hope there is still a calendar.

I'll be submitting a few as well... I guess we hedgehog people are just a little slower than the chinnie folk... perhaps we are all starting to hibernate?

Hey guys, its time to submit images! We will not have many to choose from unless all of you stop hibernating and send in images! Wouldn't you love to see your hedgehog as Mr June or Miss February?

I have seen a lot of great images posted in the past. Send one of those in if you haven't taken a great photo recently. The more we have submitted the better this calendar will be... and the harder it will be to vote.

I'm submitting mine this weekend.

No wait... don't submit images! That way all of mine get in the calendar... MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

:tease:

Hey guys, the deadline is fast nearing. Only 2 more days to find those images and get them sent in. Lets see those hedgehogs! Doesn't your hedgehog deserve a chance to have a month dedicated to it?

I'm upping the number of photos that can be submitted to 6 per person. Come on hedgie people. Let's have a calendar.

This hedgie person takes pics with her phone... wonderful blurry pics... ah well. Guess Julie's crew are going to sweep the calendar ;)

I have blurry, I have a lot of blurry, or there was a hedgehog there honest, or nice butt.

I tried to get some more last night of Poptart. I think there might be one usable image, but most were blurry until I made her mad at me..... see how mad she was! I've seen her do this once before, and this time I had a camera! She hates the camera, and I mean HATES it. It makes these clicky noises that she doesn't like one bit.

Attachments

• poptart-mad.jpg
    poptart-mad.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 21
Back