Cage Height

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahrii

I'd love to have three FN units stacked at some point, but the ceiling of my chin area is too low so I have to have two. I would plan on getting the add-on unit once I move, which would be multiple years from now, but I'm worried if I'd be able to clean it properly with my height. Is a triple story FN suitable for someone who's 5'7, or would I have to stick with the double unit?

I guess it would depend, would using a step ladder be something you would be ok with? If you go 3 high that would be roughly 87.5" (7'3") high to the top of the cage, or about 73" (6'1") if you cut the bottom storage tray off.

How tall would the ladder have to be? I have a pretty drastic fear of heights, so it might take some getting used to. Or I might not be able to use it at all depending on how tall it has to be.

Last edited:
Well, that depends on the step ladder you get or have, lol they come in all sizes. For a 3 unit, based on you being 5'7 I would say a 1.5-2' (at the highest step) would work. I do mean a step ladder not a regular one, one like This is what I have for use around the house for changing ceiling light bulbs and stuff (I only have a double not a triple FN). If that is too high for you then I would just stick with a double unit.

Well, that depends on the step ladder you get or have, lol they come in all sizes. For a 3 unit, based on you being 5'7 I would say a 1.5-2' (at the highest step) would work. I do mean a step ladder not a regular one, one like This is what I have for use around the house for changing ceiling light bulbs and stuff (I only have a double not a triple FN). If that is too high for you then I would just stick with a double unit.
I'd probably be okay with that, thanks.

I'd stick with the two-level. They don't really need the third level, and as you said, would be a challenge to clean. A two-level has more than enough room for two furkids.

Back