CA ECBC Spring Field Day - March 28, 2009

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much longer now!! :dance3: :dance3:

Hey I got question, I have this beautiful little white violet that I was thinking about showing. But the only thing is when he was being weaned one of the boys have nipped his bottom area, (it's all healed up now) But there is some blue-kute on the under side of him. My question is should bring him anyways or should I just wait till the next show?

Is anyone bringing stuff to purchase like the one in Santa Nella last year or it is just the show. I myself am also looking for a bag of blue cloud if someone has an extra.

If you would have posted yesterday I could have pick you up a bag this morning. I will have 2 - 25 lbs of Blue Dust for the raffle table.

Sorry, I just found the site again and seen the spring field day is this weekend.
I use to buy from Heidi all the time but I don't know what happened to her.

Last edited:
No problem Summer! I look forward to seeing you at the show and I'll be waiting to see that white violet boy in November!;)

So is everyone ready to go with their chinnies tomorrow?? The show should be a good one!! I know Gary, Vin and Ellis are all showing too so it should be a great show!!

Also everyone remember to bring a gift (either chinnie or people) for the gift raffle!!
The more that's there the more fun it gets!!

See everyone tomorrow and Saturday!!

I work in Modesto and would like to stop by after work (5ish) and help out before I head home. Will everyone still be setting up at that time or will the room be closed by then?

Also, Pam, do you know what room we will be in?

Pam - Please don't forget my cages, shelves, and extra pan.

Sumiko - I sent you a pm

RCR - Please don't forget my wood

We're all here! The show hall is set up and we're waiting on a bunch more chins. Looks like we're going to have a nice turnout of 100+ chinchillas! We'll let you all know the results later tomorrow night or Sunday.

So I came home after setup and I don't think I'm going to have a full show string now... probably 18. Two sisters decided they didn't want to be cagemates anymore. There's fur everywhere. :(

Hmm, it's almost 1:00 AM and I'm trying to salvage what I can with one of the sisters who didn't lose fur but just has urine all over her... *sigh* Why did they do this right before the show?!

The show is going good and is almost over. Gary (Bowen's Chinchillas) had GSC and RGSC for standards.

I was there! I had a lot of fun watching and learning. Maybe nextime I'll be more open and active. :)

I just got home. I enjoyed the show. A lot of people attended and lots of nice chins. I almost purchased one but it was a male.

Last edited:
Ok...we're back! Sumiko has most of the pictures for the show as well as Ruth and Gary. These are all the results from the show!

For standard we did the females and males as separate classes. We also added a new section where sapphire carriers were a class, violet carriers were a class and ebony carriers were each their own class.

Female Class

First places:
Bowen's Chinchillas (cage #4)
Bowen's Chinchillas (cage #5)
Bowen's Chinchillas (cage #6)
Bowen's Chinchillas (cage #7)
Bowen's Chinchillas (cage #8)
Bowen's Chinchillas (cage #9)
Nan Ebiner (cage #25)
Nan Ebiner (cage #27)
Chinchilla Chateau (cage #41)

Second Place: