CA ECBC Spring Field Day - March 28, 2009

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So who is for sure going??? Anyone in So. Cal wanna car pool???

I pay for gas money :thumbsup:

And YES I have ANOTHER question lol

Stolie had a few "holes" in his coat from slipping fur. Is it silly to bring him even though I know his coat could look better???

*sigh* if only rescues came with pretty coats too lol. I think it'd be interesting even if I just get to watch

I am going to the show and so in Nan(Snickers). If Nan doesn't have room I should have an extra spot. Though I will be leaving early Friday morning and coming back Saturday after the show clean up.

I think, since it's a field day, you should go ahead and show him. You end up being much more involved in the show if you have a chin on the table. It makes the whole experience more fun and we'll help you groom him so he can look as good as possible. ;)

I am going to the show and so in Nan(Snickers). If Nan doesn't have room I should have an extra spot. Though I will be leaving early Friday morning and coming back Saturday after the show clean up.

I think, since it's a field day, you should go ahead and show him. You end up being much more involved in the show if you have a chin on the table. It makes the whole experience more fun and we'll help you groom him so he can look as good as possible. ;)

I'm still trying to work out having the bf let me go...it's on our 2yr anniversary but he's already said we're not doing anything for it so I don't see why I should sit around lol

Where are you in So Cal? (time from SB would be helpful as I have no idea where anything is in CA lol)

I'm about 2 hours from you (just looked it up ;)). If you want to meet us somewhere along the I-5 we can pick you up and bring you along.

lol I'll have to find the I-5 but it shouldn't be an issue
I'll let you know for sure!!!

Where is everyone staying??? What are the prices like?:thinking:

we're all staying at the hotel where the show hall is hosted...it's about $72/night or I can probably find someone for you to bunk with that would be willing to share a room. ;)

I'm asking around...but most of us that go to shows are girls anyways and we're always looking to cut down costs if it's possible.

I'm asking around...but most of us that go to shows are girls anyways and we're always looking to cut down costs if it's possible.

is it silly that I'm really nervous about possibly going....

I'm really outgoing but am very shy when I first meet people lol

It's alright...I sat in a corner and whispered to the people I knew at my first show. You get more outgoing the more shows you attend. It's really fun and I'll make sure you don't get stuck in a corner. ;)

LOL! yeah...you'll be fine at the show. I talked to Cara and she said she'd be willing to share a room with you. So you guys would just each pay half for the room, you can bring cash and she'll book the room for you both. I'll ask her the total and let you know what you owe, sound good? Also...since you'll be with Cara and I...you're going to get volunteered for a lot of stuff. So you'll either be handling chinchillas behind the show table with me or you'll be helping Cara keep track of the points. ;) definitely won't be in the corner.:no:

LOL! yeah...you'll be fine at the show. I talked to Cara and she said she'd be willing to share a room with you. So you guys would just each pay half for the room, you can bring cash and she'll book the room for you both. I'll ask her the total and let you know what you owe, sound good? Also...since you'll be with Cara and I...you're going to get volunteered for a lot of stuff. So you'll either be handling chinchillas behind the show table with me or you'll be helping Cara keep track of the points. ;) definitely won't be in the corner.:no:

okay well I'll try talking the bf into letting me go tonight and let you know for sure tomorrow...

he and I already got into a fight about it the other night but I'm determined...I really just don't get why I should have to sit home and do nothing on our anniversary if I can go and do something that I enjoy-it isn't like I'd be missing out on anything *snort*

p.s.
thanks for much for going through all this crap for me...:hug2: I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

No problem...just tell him you'll be home Saturday night and then you'll have all day Sunday to spend with him OR you can just celebrate the weekend before or the weekend after. If nothing else...just cry. ;)

so as of right now I'm down for going!!! He's working that day and won't be home till 6 so I told him to shove it lol...

what time would you be leaving on Friday?

Is this a big show or is it a lot smaller because it is a Field day?

also, I was planning on bringing one chin-would that be alright or no???...

what do you wear at a show???

anything specific I need to bring???

Are you annoyed by me yet :thumbsup:

Not at all...

We'll be leaving my area probably around 8-9am...it's a long drive so the earlier we head out the better.

This is a smaller show but sometimes we get a bigger turn out than we expect. What we call "big" shows really don't get all that packed either anymore though...

Do NOT wear pink or red ANYTHING. The best colors to wear would be black, blue, or grey. Nothing bright and nothing with a sheen to it. I always just wear jeans and whatever is comfortable at the time.

It's fine if you bring a chin. Just make sure you have a nice secure carrier for him and also bring a towel, plastic bag, some hay, a few pellets and a smaller water bottle. Show cages are provided. The towel is for when you groom him and the plastic bag is for his fur or any other trash you accumulate. ;)

Other than that just the basic necessities for overnight and if you want to bring a gift (human or chin related) we usually have a raffle table where things are raffled off.

Not at all...

We'll be leaving my area probably around 8-9am...it's a long drive so the earlier we head out the better.

This is a smaller show but sometimes we get a bigger turn out than we expect. What we call "big" shows really don't get all that packed either anymore though...

Do NOT wear pink or red ANYTHING. The best colors to wear would be black, blue, or grey. Nothing bright and nothing with a sheen to it. I always just wear jeans and whatever is comfortable at the time.

It's fine if you bring a chin. Just make sure you have a nice secure carrier for him and also bring a towel, plastic bag, some hay, a few pellets and a smaller water bottle. Show cages are provided. The towel is for when you groom him and the plastic bag is for his fur or any other trash you accumulate. ;)

Other than that just the basic necessities for overnight and if you want to bring a gift (human or chin related) we usually have a raffle table where things are raffled off.

That works because basically all of my clothes are black/blue/grey. I have a travel cage that would work fine, it isn't amazing but works-I'm saving up to get some really nice ones!!!

Would one of my paintings be a good gift for the raffle???

ummmmm okay so I might not be able to go afterall. The reason I'd have to car pool is because I don't have a car and I just looked up where I-5 is and I don't think that I could get there...especially since it would be a Friday morning when everyone is at work...

:cry4:

poop...

Does any buses go to Magic Mountain? If Tabitha didn't have room I could have pick you up. From where Tabitha and I live you're 2 hours out of our way. From our house to Modesto is 5 1/2 hrs. If you can some how get transportation to Magic Mountain I can pick you up then on Saturday take you home to Santa Barbara. I'm also leaving Friday morning by myself.

I just made my reservation. :woohoo: Now to buy a case of Rock Star for the 11 hour drive down there. :confused1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back