Buying 2nd cut Oxbow Timothy Hay in bulk?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shieldmaidenjen

Not sure if this is the correct forum but I'll post here - mods, please move it if this is the wrong place!

Hi all,

I was wondering where a good place to buy Oxbow Timothy Hay 2nd Cut *in bulk* online would be. I would love to find a place that is reasonable and would sell and ship to me. I am in Texas if that makes a difference.

For six chinchillas who get hay every day, how much do you think I should buy?
(I am not sure how long the hay actually lasts before getting old. I am going to start keeping my hay in a plastic bin instead of in the bag because I heard that keeps it fresher longer.)

Thank you!
Jenn

I believe you have to contact Oxbow directly for bulk orders and they will ship. Also check out the Dr. Foster & Smith website.

Hay will stay fresh for a year or two if stored properly. In most places hay is only grown over the Summer so it's expected to last a year. Do you know if your chins like Oxbow timmy? Have you looked at Kleen Mama's I buy it by the bale, I have a shed to store it in. You know..hay season is coming up...I would buy enough to last till June or so, then store up enough when it's fresh in season

Look into Kleenmama's or American Pet Diner's hay. They both have very good products and sell direct to consumers.

Back