Bully Boy

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MyFuzzies

I just had to share this story...

I had the boys out for playtime earlier (all 5 of them...Roo is still in quarantine). Anyway, I'm sure you've all heard about my bully boy, Gideon. Well, he was going around as usual plucking fur from the other boys' butts...little stinker....but today, out of nowhere, sweet little Frack turned around and was kacking at Gideon like crazy...he had him backed up in a corner!!! I immediately grabbed my robe and tossed it on them so it wouldn't go any further.

I am just in such awe right now. Frack is such a little snuggler and so sweet and gentle. Guess he had enough of Gideon plucking his butt LOL. Gideon ran back into his cage and is pouting now. I love the little guy, but he totally deserved it LOL. Maybe he will stop pulling hair outta butts now :rofl:

Last edited:
That's funny. Poor guy got come back. How do they pluck hair? I hope my two don't evey get to that point.

I wish my little boy would stand up for himself. I am worried about putting them together for playtime again.

That's funny. Poor guy got come back. How do they pluck hair? I hope my two don't evey get to that point.

He sneaks up behind one of them, gets a mouth-full of fur, pulls it and runs :tease: It's actually kinda funny to watch him do this. You know how a chinnie has nice thick fur....well, all of my boys have sporatic patches missing...not gaping bald spots, but it kinda looks like when they fur-slip or are priming. gideon is the only one with nice fur on his butt :rofl:

OK I was able to snap a couple of quick shots of what this looks like...my poor baby...

DSC00612.jpg

DSC00614.jpg

Just a question, why do you let them play together if he plucks fur out of the other chins? I can't imagine it's comfortable for them to be picked on like that..

Just a question, why do you let them play together if he plucks fur out of the other chins? I can't imagine it's comfortable for them to be picked on like that..

It's not very often that I let all of them out together anymore. I'll usually let Frick, Frack & Remi out together...then Gideon with Cheeko. When he starts to bully whoever he's out with, then he goes back into his cage and comes out later by himself. I just try it every now and then to see if he's given up on doing it.

fur pulling from the butt is not really a big deal. I have it happen all the time between cages mates that get along really well. I think it just occurs during little spats like little kids get into. Its when the fur starts flying that it is a matter of concern. I'm glad Frack stood up for himself. Good for him!!

That's fine if you don't think it's a big deal, but if my chins were doing it to each other, I just wouldn't let them play together. Obviously they're fine not playing together so why allow it to happen?

I still can't imagine having a chin pluck another chin's fur out is comfortable. Maybe I'm just over sensitive, but I just don't see the point of putting them together if that's what he does. I mean, you can see all the patches of fur missing on the chins.

That's fine if you don't think it's a big deal, but if my chins were doing it to each other, I just wouldn't let them play together. Obviously they're fine not playing together so why allow it to happen?

I still can't imagine having a chin pluck another chin's fur out is comfortable. Maybe I'm just over sensitive, but I just don't see the point of putting them together if that's what he does. I mean, you can see all the patches of fur missing on the chins.

I agree, it is not so funny for the chin, I bet. That is agressive behavior and I would not do playtime with all the chins if it continues. Better to be safe than sorry!

The last thing I would do it put my chins at harm...they are my life and I love all of them!! As I stated before I don't always let Gideon out with everyone else, it's just once in a while to see if he can behave himself. I shared this mostly because I was very proud of Frack for standing up for himself. I apologize if I came off cruel...I try to do the best for my chin-kids and sometimes I make mistakes and I'll be first to admit it when I do. However, I have to add that Frick & Frack groom one another very often and sometimes they get a little rough with each other, as do all of my other chins w/ their cagemates, but I'm not going to separate them because of it...they're just being chins. Now, if I thought they were "aggressively" grooming, then yes, I would separate them.

Back