Brownish pee?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RylanWebster

My chinchilla happened to pee on a tupperware container today and I saw that the color was very brownish. Is this something to be concerned about? This is the only time I really seen her pee, she's been drinking water and eating so I'm not concerned about if she's peeing. I just don't know if all her pee has been brownish. I don't know if this means she's sick or something, please help me out!

Attachments

• 15916628673727673757980090245376.jpg
    15916628673727673757980090245376.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 2
Hard to tell from that pic, but chin pee can be anywhere from yellow to a dark orange color. However some things can also change the color of the pee too, for example I know eating a lot of bark off sticks, especially apple wood bark, can change the pee to a reddish brown color so that would be my first thought (it's harmless) if all else is normal.

Hard to tell from that pic, but chin pee can be anywhere from yellow to a dark orange color. However some things can also change the color of the pee too, for example I know eating a lot of bark off sticks, especially apple wood bark, can change the pee to a reddish brown color so that would be my first thought (it's harmless) if all else is normal.

Thank you so much for all your help!! I recently gave her a toy that had lots of bark on it that she has been chewing so that explains the brownish color. I'm so glad to hear that she's not sick or anything!

Back