breeding cages?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

My plan was just to get some CNs when we had money. As my husband files down, bangs with a mallet, and curses the new double cn I'm thinking he won't be happy to put 4 more of those together...... All the other cages I know of have 1" bar spacing. Is there any certain brand or location to get stacking cages that will contain baby chins? At this rate we could build better quality cages than the newer version cn and definitely for a lot cheaper. And he thought the older FNs were annoying to screw together. Now we'd love to put together another 4 of those instead.

Have you considered building your own to your own specs? Quality Cage in Portland Oregon has good baby safe cages or you can build your own and buy the pans from them as well. Depends on the design you want. You'll save money if you build your own if you are crafty and willing to buy starter tools.

The Quality Cage company has nice cages. I use them for breeding. And runs for growers.

What I like about the QC cages: fold flat, pull out pans, wire spacing that meets your needs. Well made and SUPER EASY TO PUT TOGETHER!!!

My husband was reading some of the reviews of people who got cages that wouldn't go together. Some resorted to things like hacksaws and even welding torches to make it all fit. A lot of people had to file down the pegs that slide in the holes because they are 2 different sizes on the same panel and one size doesn't fit. He held up a back and side panel next to each other and even without putting them in the base they didn't line up. The downstairs neighbors are gone during the day so he's going to bang the cage together over his lunch time.

Back