Bonding of chinchilla

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScarletJoy

Currently i have a 2year old female,i was wondering if it would be a good idea to get another one?

If yes,will bonding be easy?

Hi there, I see this post is from a few months ago, but do you still need the help? It'd be a very good idea to get a mate for your chin. In my experience, chins NEED a mate, someone to cuddle and play with. Having a lone chinchilla could lead to depression and death. However, bonding definitely isn't easy. If you want to make it easy for yourself, get a female baby. They'll probably make friends very easily. Do not just put another chinchilla in there though. My favourite bonding technique is the cage in cage method. Get a smaller cage (like the top of a hamster cage) and put it in the cage. Put the new chin under it, then after about 24 hours switch them. Keep doing that for a few days, maybe a week. Then they'll hopefully be friends. Remember not to leave them alone for the first day and night they're both free in the cage. Good luck!!

Back