Bonded Chinchillas fighting

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NigelAndPeanut

My two girls Cloud and Beatrice fight sometimes. On the occasion that they are squabbling it will last for hours. They don't hurt eachother its just Beatrice chasing Cloud around the cage. I also believe that they pee at each other as they are damp afterwards. I have tried distracting them with sticks and rosehips as well as picking up Beatrice for a few minutes.

Is it normal for bonded chinchillas to fight?

Is their anything I can do to stop/prevent fighting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is normal for chinchillas to have a little fight once in awhile(over some space or piece of food). As long as no parts on them are missing(noses, toes, ears) you are good. As of prevention i find running helpfull. Just let them run and blow some stem off regularly and they tend not to argue as much. More hides and shelves in cage helps too, maybe separate food bowls.

It is normal for chinchillas to have a little fight once in awhile(over some space or piece of food). As long as no parts on them are missing(noses, toes, ears) you are good. As of prevention i find running helpfull. Just let them run and blow some stem off regularly and they tend not to argue as much. More hides and shelves in cage helps too, maybe separate food bowls.
Thank you for your reply. I will order some more ledges for my girls. As well as hides

Back