Boarding Issues

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahrii

So the vet I was originally going to use for boarding my chins cancelled due to the Coronavirus. I then asked the person I'm renting an apartment from (house is getting renovated so I have to move somewhere for 2 weeks) if I could bring the chins. She said yes, which is great, but then I realized that I'm not sure what the temp or humidity is in her apartment. I'll ask, but what do I do if it's too warm, too humid, or both? I doubt she'd appreciate a dehumidifier running almost all day if the humidity is too high, and I'm not sure if she even knows what the temp or humidity is. If she doesn't know or the temp/humidity isn't good, what do I do?? I'd hate to leave them at home because I have no idea what the noise level will be even though the chin area won't be touched, and I don't think it'd be the best to keep walking in and out of the house daily for care. Not to mention weekly cleaning, I don't even think that'd be possible. I'm also not sure if any exotic boarding facilities will take them with such early notice (leaving on the 28th of this month) or if they don't allow boarding due to Coronavirus.

If the person doesn't know what the temp/humidity is or it's too high, and if I can't find a place to board the chins, I have no clue what I'd do and I'm feeling extremely stuck. Any advice is appreciated.

I can't really help too much, but I wanted to comment just so you don't think you are getting ignored. Most of my ideas are likely not possible at the moment due to everything shutting down.

The only thing I can really think of is can you see what temp the person keeps their place at? Even offer to give them a thermometer to check the temp if they don't know? If too high see if they would be willing to allow you to have an AC? I would be more worried about temp then humidity at this point. Temporary high humidity isn't going to be a fatal issue, they could run the risk of a fungal infection, as will as be uncomfortable, but they'd live. If too hot though they could die. The only other option I can think of would be to get a hotel room, if that is even possible at this point, which seems unlikely.

I can't really help too much, but I wanted to comment just so you don't think you are getting ignored. Most of my ideas are likely not possible at the moment due to everything shutting down.

The only thing I can really think of is can you see what temp the person keeps their place at? Even offer to give them a thermometer to check the temp if they don't know? If too high see if they would be willing to allow you to have an AC? I would be more worried about temp then humidity at this point. Temporary high humidity isn't going to be a fatal issue, they could run the risk of a fungal infection, as will as be uncomfortable, but they'd live. If too hot though they could die. The only other option I can think of would be to get a hotel room, if that is even possible at this point, which seems unlikely.
Thankfully the person is allowing a window AC and our dehumidifier. I'll be checking out the room the chins are going to be in this Monday with the thermometer to see if we really need both or not. So thankfully it's worked out, thanks for replying though!

Back