Blood spots

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvatore

So a few days ago one of my chinchillas (though I'm not sure who) somehow found one of my ipod chargers and had a go at it. It looked like mostly the plastic was chewed but it also looked like some of the wire was pulled at. I had left for a day and returned the following night. They both appeared fine. This morning I saw some blood drops on the wooden house that Kiki sleeps on. I pulled her out and checked and there didn't seem to be any blood on her at all. She's running around and is behaving normally. I'm not sure how worried to be since it was a few drops. Any suggestions or ideas as to what it could be would be great.

She is just over a year old and she is in her own cage next to another female. I have no males. I did check and everything looks okay. I had her in my bathroom running about and she didn't leave any blood on the floor. I'm starting to think she may have hurt her foot or something while I was away.

This thread has lots of useful advice for cracked feet. It even has pictures of a chin's cracked feet vs. its healed foot so you can kinda know what you are looking for.

After a second look over I found a scab on her foot. Gonna put some petroleum jelly to see if I can stop it from cracking again! Thanks for the help!

I would use Vit E or bag balm rather that petroleum jelly and also watch those feet for infection closely.

Back