Big Baby!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZChins

Pro Cage Cleaner Champion
Sahuarita, Arizona (a half hour south of Tucson)
I had a baby born on Sunday. I wasn't expecting her mother to deliver for another few weeks, but now I am glad she had the little girl earlier.

The baby was 81 grams and she's just huge! It isn't really the weight of this kit, it's the fact that she is just a large baby. She looks like a two week old kit and she's strong as a little ox. I know, you are thinking, "Susan, you just missed the baby for a day or two somehow because the mama hid her from you." No, I found her when she was wet and just born!!

I am attaching some pictures. :) I just wanted to show her off and praise her mother for pulling off the feat of delivering her with no complications whatsoever. There's a picture of her next to a baby born on monday at 56 grams, I wish I could get a better picture...they are super wiggle monsters today.

What's your biggest baby that you've had born? (I know that Sumiko had a 104 grammer, whew...big big baby there.)

Attachments

• P1060354.jpg
    P1060354.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 114
  • P1060358.jpg
    P1060358.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
I have had a couple of 80 gms babies and I know what you mean. Not only do they weigh a lot but they are just so heavy in the hand and seem so much more mature and active! If I didn't see the dam littering them - I would think - how in the heck did I miss this baby for two weeks!!!

Awwww...cute little fuzbutt! Congrats to mom. Glad she had a safe delivery.

Back